Recipe by Biasi4
I tweaked another recipe and came up with this one. Please note, my measurements are to our tastes, you may want more/less onions, garlic, etc. The baking isn't really necessary but allows me to do ahead and pop into the oven later to reheat.
- 7 medium red potatoes, cubed, skins on
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cubed potatoes till mash-able.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute onions until slightly brown, then add garlic and cook another few minutes.
- Then add brown sugar and cook another minute or so till sugar dissolves and coats the onions and garlic.
- Drain potatoes and stir in the onion/garlic mixture, brown sugar, sour cream, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Mash with masher (or with mixer if you prefer).
- Place into baking dish coated with cooking spray and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees until bubbly and hot on top, about 30 minutes.