Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crust Is The Secret To A Great Pizza! Thick, thin, whole grain or flavored with herbs and spices, it's easy to make your crust the way you like it. Then add your favorite fresh toppings to please your crowd. What will it be: half meat lover's delight and half veggie supreme? You decide. But one thing's for sure, frozen pizza is history!
- Proof Time:10 minutes.
- 1). For Onion Garlic Filling: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is golden in color, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- 2). For Bread: Combine whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, flax seed and salt in a large mixer bowl. Add water, butter and egg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- 3). Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 5 minutes. Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Flatten gently or roll into 6 x 10-inch rectangles. Place crusts on greased baking sheet.
- 4). Whisk all ingredients for Sour Cream Filling together in a small bowl; top each crust with an equal amount. Spoon cooled Onion and Garlic Filling over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 5).Bake at 375*F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
- My Note: Bread may be made in bread machine on dough setting. Remove dough from bread machine and let rest for 10 minutes. Proceed with shaping and topping the bread.