1/6 Photos of Caramelized Onion Frittata - With 3 More Variations
A Donna Hay recipe with the following variations - Pumpkin Frittata, Blue Cheese and Potato Frittata and Antipasto Frittata.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter and oil in a 23 cm (9 inch) non stick frypan over low heat and cook until butter has melted; add onions to pan.
- 2Cook onions, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until onions are golden brown, soft and caramelized.
- 3Place eggs, cream and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine; pour egg mixture over onions in frypan and sprinkle with cheese and thyme and cook frittata for 5-6 minutes or until it is almost set.
- 4To finish cooking, place frittata under a preheated hot grill for 1 minute; cut into wedges and serve with hot buttered toast or with a spicy chutney.
- 5Pumpkin Frittata - Add 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin or sweet potato when whisking eggs.
- 6Blue Cheese and Potato Frittata - When onions have cooked in the pan, sprinkle 1 cup cooked cubed potato over them, pour in egg mixture and sprinkle blue cheese instead of cheddar over eggs.
- 7Antipasto Frittata - After adding eggs to the pan, top them with char grilled antipasto vegetables such as capsicum (red or green pepper), eggplant (aubergine) and zucchini (courgette), sprinkle frittata with cheddar and continue with steps three and four.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Frittata - With 3 More Variations
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 495.2 mg
- Sodium 265.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g