Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry" Recently we ordered a pizza at a local restaurant that featured pine nuts and fresh figs as two of the ingredients. I loved the combination of these flavors and textures! Their pizza was seasoned with a spicy Italian dressing. I decided instead to add that spicy kick with little bites of hot Italian sausage which is a perfect compliment to the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing, caramelized onions, figs and pine nuts!
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) ball pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 cup fresh fig, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 6 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a large rimless baking sheet with no-stick olive oil spray. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Mix together the remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle sprayed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the vinegar. Transfer the onion to a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the remaining 4 tablespoons of the cheese and breadcrumb mixture on work surface. Roll dough in mixture to coat. Gently knead dough, working crumb mixture into dough. Pat and gently stretch the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 - 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over dough. Top with onions, figs, pine nuts and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Break up sausage into small bite-size pieces and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for an additional 8 – 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted, the sausage is cooked through and the crust is golden, rotating the pizza occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Cut into slices and serve immediately.