Recipe by WonderMima
Top Review by jnpj
What a great quiche! I used Sharlene~W's Recipe #49000 recipe to cook the onions. The only change I made was to use frozen spinach. I defrosted it and squeezed out as much water as I could before adding it to the egg mixture. It worked great! The quiche came out very tasty, probably the best I have ever had. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 pastry crust
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 onions, caramelized
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pie crust in a deep dish pie pan. Whisk together eggs, milk, creme fraiche, salt and pepper.
- Place half the spinach leaves in a layer over the egg mixture, top with the feta, caramelized onions.
- Layer the remaining spinach on top and press down to get as much egg over top as possible.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 (make sure your oven is preheated). Check at that point for firmness. If it needs another 5 minutes put it back in.
- You may need to cover the crust i half way through so it doesn't darken too much.