Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is fantastic on grilled burgers, and also can be served as a dip for crackers or potato chips, make as spicy as you like by adjusting the Tabasco sauce
Top Review by Andrea in NH
This is a great dip. I chopped the onions for ease of eating. I didn't add the butter and I cut back on the oil. I'll be making this often as it will go great on many things.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil in the frypan over medium heat.
- Add in onions, cayenne, salt and pepper; sauté for about 8 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes more until onions are brown and caramelized; cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add in onions; mix well to combine.
- Add in Tabasco sauce if using.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2 or more hours before using.