Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful dip from one of my favorite author/teacher, Rose Reisman. You can use vidalia, maui, walla walla, Bermuda or Spanish onion. The sweeter the onion, the tastier the dip will be!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sweet onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 ounce low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil and add the onion.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes or until the onion is soft and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, salt and pepper and mix until well combined and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with whole wheat crackers, baked tortilla chips or pita wedges.