Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
great for raw veggies
- 1 onion, large and sweet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut onion in half, then thinly slice.
- Cut the slices in half. Heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and thyme to pan and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Remove cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- While onions cook, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Once onions have cooled completely, add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.