Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make this recipe ahead so the flavors can blend and mellow. Serve with pita chips.
- cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons block-style reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sour cream and cream cheese, stirring well. Add remaining sour cream, mayonnaise, and remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine. Stir in onion. Cover and refrigerate overnight.