Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was adapted from Cooking Light. Only 246 cals and 2.6 g of fat. It takes only 20 minutes to make and tastes great.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- salt and pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spray the onions and a large frying pan with kitchen spray.
- Saute the onions for 2 minutes, then add chicken to the pan.
- Continue cooking an additional 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove both onions and chicken from the pan.
- Add the jam and remaining ingredients to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken and onions to the pan and continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The crushed red pepper and balsamic vinegar was a great suggestion. I also prefer seedless raspberry jam instead of strawberry. Thank you for posting!
I saw this on the CL website and gave it a try tonight. It was really good and my DH loved it. Very simple yet a lot of flavor. I replaced the red wine vinegar with balsamic which I believe gave it little more pop. The only thing my DH asked for next time is perhapse a little crushed red pepper. Highly recommended.
I made this one after receiving the magazine and loved it. It's easy and goes well with wine! Did you notice the nutrition Zaar calculated is different than Cooking Light?