Recipe by *Asha*
Sweet caramelized onion and three different cheeses make up the topping for this yummy pizza. Feel free to add more cheese if you love it as much as I do!
Top Review by karens2kids
I used a whole wheat pita pocket round for the crust, and it was really good! I had it for lunch and plan to make it again using feta cheese in place of the goat cheese next time.
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 prepared pizza crust (12-inch size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place olive oil in large skillet and add thinly sliced onion, cook over low heat until onions are caramelized and golden browned, about 20 minutes.
- While the onion cooks preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cooked onions on pizza crust and sprinkle with seasoning. Sprinkle crust with goat cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza in hot oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts and the crust is crisp.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.