Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great with a green salad or a cup of your favorite soup!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 large plain croissants, halved lengthwise or 4 large bagels, split and toasted
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut in 1/8 inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine in a skillet, cook onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Remove onion and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat bacon, turning once.
- On baking sheet, arrange 2 croissant halves.
- Evenly top with bacon, then onions, then cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Top with remaining croissant halves and serve hot.
YUM!! YUM!! YUM!! Tastes like a sandwich you would get at a restaurant. I will be making these again!
My DH and I stayed in an amazing B&B in Canada for our honeymoon and the chef there LOVED to use carmelized onions, brie and Canadian Bacon in everything. I tried this recipe because my husband was craving something like what we had there in Canada. This was tasty, but was missing something. Although maybe we were just spoiled by the world famous chef. I think I would try this again with the croissant (we used bagels). Overall a very good recipe. Thanks for helping us go down memory lane! :)