1/10 Photos of Caramelized Onion Bread (Bread Machine)
3 hrs 30 mins
Another wonderful onion bread, somewhat simpler than one I've posted earlier. Bread is slightly moist from the onions, makes the most wonderful sandwiches and toast. From Gold Medal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Cook onions in butter 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown and caramelized. Do not hurry the process. Remove from heat.
- 2Place all remaining ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 3Set to basic cycle with medium or light crust. Add onions at beep signal or 5 to 10 minute before end of kneading cycle.
- 4Alternatively, use dough cycle. Remove dough at end of cycle, shape as desired, place on cornmeal-sprinkled baking sheet and let rise. Bake for app. 30 to 40 minutes in a 400 deg. oven. Exact time depends on shape.
- 5Note: I generally substitute one cup of whole wheat or rye flour for one cup of the bread flour. Rye is particularly excellent.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g