1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion and Thyme Jam
A condiment that goes well with bread and cheese. It also complements roasted meats, such as pork, ham, and turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- 2Stir in onions, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, and thyme.
- 3Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Remove lid, increase heat to medium high and cook until golden brown, stirring often, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and let cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Thyme Jam
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g