Recipe by ChipotleChick
Out of a Betty Crocker cookbook. I haven't tried it, but it sounds intriguing. Let me know if you like it!
Top Review by Cosmicwench
Delicious!!! Made this for Turkey Day and got raves. I happened onto your recipes Sahara and always go to them when looking for something new. Thanks for your effort and enthusiasm.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 large sweet onion, sliced (Vidalia or Spanish)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions and sweet potatoes in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally,until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in brown sugar and jerk seasoning.
- Cook uncovered about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.