Recipe by Cat Berner
Pizzas are one of my favorite things to make because the possibilities are endless. This is one I created that I thought turned out especially well, so I'm posting it now for others to try!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
Remaining Pizza Ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onions in a little olive oil over medium heat until they have caramelized. This should take about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the white sauce, melt butter in saucepan. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over top, then slowly whisk in milk. Add pesto, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread sauce over pizza crust. Scatter caramelized onions and sun-dried tomatoes over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.