Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit and I have not yet tried it. I am posting it by request.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs onions, halved,thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin stips
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel seed
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter with olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add peppers and saute' about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, vinegar and fennel seeds and reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1 Tbsp butter until melted.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and add linguine.
- Cook until just tender and drain well.
- Return cooked linquine to pot and add sauce, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesean Cheese.