Chef mariajane's Note:
Gourmet isn't a new concept, it's been around for a long time, but what I like the best about it is the often-thin crusts and unique toppings. It can be a a bit pricey, it's very easy to recreate at home using fresh local ingredients. The BBQ is the greatest place forthe pizza that I have, I just love griling the flatbreads, and making the pizzas, have fun with your adventures in making Gourmet Pizza!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat until it shimmers, then cook onions with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper, covered, stirring occasionally, until golden, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, and keep warm, covered.
- 2Prepare a grill for direct heat cooking over low charcoal (medium-heat for propane).
- 3Stretch dough into a roughly 12 x 10 inch rectangle on a large baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoons oil.
- 4Bring doughm onions, cheese, nuts, parsley, and remaining tablespoons oil to grill area.
- 5Oil grill rack, then put dough, oiled side down, on grill and brush top with remaining tablespoons oil. Grill, covered, until underside is golden brown 1 1/2 - 3 minutes.
- 6Using tongs, return crust to baking sheet, turning crust over (grilled side up). Sprinkle evenly with onions, cheese, nuts, and parsley. Slide pizza from sheet on to grill and grill, covered, until underside is golden brown and cheese is partially melted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.6
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 402.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: