1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
kelly in TO's Note:
Low GI, very tasty. This recipe makes two 11-inch pizzas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese
- 1To make the pizza crust, place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and use a flat-bladed knife to mix until just combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a light oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 2To make the caramelized onions, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the onion, thyme and garlic, and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 23-30 minutes, or until the onions are very soft. Add the sugar and vinegar, and increase the heat to high. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onions start to caramelize. Set aside to cool completely.
- 3Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays.
- 4Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays.
- 5Spread the caramelized onions over both of the dough bases and sprinkle over the goat cheese.
- 6Bake the pizzas, turning the trays halfway through cooking for 15-20 minute, or until the top are golden and the bases are crisp.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 754.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground whole wheat flour