From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, separated into rings (about 1 onion)
- 1 (1 lb) italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pizza sauce (such as Contadina)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook for 11 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Combine the sauce and tomatoes. Spread sauce mixture over pizza crust.
- Top with onion and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with basil. Cut into 6 wedges.
This is a good combination, but lacking a little something--I think next time I will add balsamic vinegar and some red pepper flakes. Be warned that the sun-dried tomatoes might burn a little, but they still taste good. NOTE: I eyeballed the cheese and tomato sauce amounts, but followed the other ingredients exactly.