Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Vegetarian Times magazine, yet another twist on egg salad. :) Cooking time includes time to cook the eggs.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon oil-cured black olive, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Peel, then mash the eggs with a potato masher or fork.
- Add onions, mayonnaise, and mustard, and mix well.
- Stir in the olives, season with salt and pepper.
Made this for lunch and really enjoyed it. Nice change from the usual. I didnt have olives, but am looking forward to adding them next time. Had to add a bit more mayo.
This egg salad is grand - I urge the use of a strong dijon as it adds an extra subtle bite to the recipe. The carmelized onions pack it with flavour - Thank you!
Tasty great change from ordinary egg salad. The carmelized onion gives off a subtle sweetness. I used a bit more mayo than 2 tsp...just enough to hold it together. Thanx for a great new egg salad. I will make this again .