Recipe by Never Trust a Skinny Chef
Wrap this baby up and bring it to the next dinner party. You will be the hit of the party.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small saute pan.
- Add the onions and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Add butter, onions, fresh dill, dash salt & dash pepper to a mixing bowl and beat until almost whipped.
- Slice the french bread VERTICALLY but do not cut all the way through.
- Be generous with your butter and butter both sides of the slices of the loaf.
- Wrap the entire buttered loaf in aluminum foil and heat in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- Open the foil a little and bake another 5 minutes to get a wee crispy.
- Just eat it with a salad if you want.