From the Winnipeg Free Press Wednesday Food Section. I made these for a Christmas party and they were gone in no time!
- Heat oil in deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until transparent.
- Add brown sugar and vinegar and cook covered for 15 minutes over low heat until onions are caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and cook on low until all moisture is evaporated.
- Cool slightly and spoon approx.
- 1 tablespoon into pre baked shells and top with a sliver of Brie cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.