1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious quiche for brunch or dinner. I made this recipe up using a base quiche recipe I have used in the past and ingredients I had on hand. It turned out awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a cast iron skillet or large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add sliced onions, season with salt, and saute until caramelized (approx 20-30 minutes).
- 3Put pie crust in 8-9 inch pie pan or tart pan. Bake for 6 minutes (you may want to put parchment paper and rice or dry beans over the crust to keep it from bubbling up).
- 4In a medium bowl whisk eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, tarragon and salt and pepper until combined.
- 5Remove pie crust and discard parchment paper (if used). Spread crumbled blue cheese on the bottom of pie crust. Cover the crumbled cheese with the caramelized onions and spread evenly to cover the bottom of the crust. Poor egg and cream mixture over the onions and cheese.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set in the middle. The filling may rise. Allow to cool slightly and settle in crust before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.8 mg
- Sodium 374.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g