Recipe by KelBel
A quick beer bread. Delicious with soups and stews.
Top Review by EveryoneLovesaSpringer
This bread is absolutely delicious. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because there is no info about how to carmelize onions - and some beginners may not be familiar with that process! The onions need to be cooked at medium-high heat for ten minutes before reducing heat to medium. Continue to cook the onions for another 15-20 minutes until they are brown, sticky and delicious... Add them to this wonderful and easy bread recipe and enjoy!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml onions, diced
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml asiago cheese, grated
- 340.19 g bottle beer
- cooking spray
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1 T sugar, and sauté 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add onion, cheese, and beer; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle evenly with butter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.