Recipe by KelBel
A quick beer bread. Delicious with soups and stews.
Top Review by EveryoneLovesaSpringer
This bread is absolutely delicious. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because there is no info about how to carmelize onions - and some beginners may not be familiar with that process! The onions need to be cooked at medium-high heat for ten minutes before reducing heat to medium. Continue to cook the onions for another 15-20 minutes until they are brown, sticky and delicious... Add them to this wonderful and easy bread recipe and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1 T sugar, and sauté 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add onion, cheese, and beer; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle evenly with butter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.