1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion and Asiago Beer Batter Bread
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A quick beer bread. Delicious with soups and stews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1 T sugar, and sauté 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Cool to room temperature.
- 3Combine flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 4Add onion, cheese, and beer; stir just until moist.
- 5Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle evenly with butter.
- 6Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Asiago Beer Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: