Cook1 hr 10 mins
A quick beer bread. Delicious with soups and stews.
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Asiago Beer Batter Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1 T sugar, and sauté 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add onion, cheese, and beer; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle evenly with butter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.