1/1 Photo of Caramelized Nuts
Adapted from existentialmoo.com. Makes a very tasty snack. CAUTION: it's very addictive! Can be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts in a large bowl.
- 3Line baking pan with foil and lightly oil.
- 4Bring sugar, water, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Pour over nuts and stir until nuts are well coated.
- 6Transfer nuts with a slotted spoon to baking pan (discarding syrup) and roast in 1 layer in middle of oven, stirring nuts occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 7(gotta watch them, they burn easily) Lightly oil another sheet of foil, spread nuts in 1 layer on foil and cool completely.
- 8Break apart any nuts that are stuck together.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.9
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g