Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from existentialmoo.com. Makes a very tasty snack. CAUTION: it's very addictive! Can be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond (2 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted cashews (2 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup whole pecans (2 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup whole walnuts (2 oz)
- vegetable oil, for greasing foil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Line baking pan with foil and lightly oil.
- Bring sugar, water, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over nuts and stir until nuts are well coated.
- Transfer nuts with a slotted spoon to baking pan (discarding syrup) and roast in 1 layer in middle of oven, stirring nuts occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- (gotta watch them, they burn easily) Lightly oil another sheet of foil, spread nuts in 1 layer on foil and cool completely.
- Break apart any nuts that are stuck together.
To dye for!
quick & easy...great in salads.
I made this recipe for the first time tonight and I have to say it was one of the easiest party/snack foods I have ever made, and they taste awesome! The Second batch I did however add a little cinnamon(about 1/4 teaspoon) and it was great both ways. Thanks a bunch W.M. Kudos