Adapted from existentialmoo.com. Makes a very tasty snack. CAUTION: it's very addictive! Can be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Line baking pan with foil and lightly oil.
- Bring sugar, water, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over nuts and stir until nuts are well coated.
- Transfer nuts with a slotted spoon to baking pan (discarding syrup) and roast in 1 layer in middle of oven, stirring nuts occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- (gotta watch them, they burn easily) Lightly oil another sheet of foil, spread nuts in 1 layer on foil and cool completely.
- Break apart any nuts that are stuck together.