Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I finally got around to making these and they definitely have a different, interesting taste. I would probably decrease the sugar next time and use lemon juice instead of orange. They tasted great right out of the pan, but once they sat too long in the sauce, the taste was overpowering. I plan to make them again and tweak the recipe a little more to my tastes. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them : )
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- orange rind twists, to garnish
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Melt the sugar in a skillet over low heat.
- Add butter and orange juice to pan, stirring the mixture as the butter melts.
- Add potatoes to skillet, turning them until they are coated completely. Cook until tender.
- Sprinkle the parsley or cilantro over potatoes and season with salt and pepper.