Recipe by Rita~
Spiced baked cod topped with a hot sweet nectarine salsa.
Top Review by Adam H.
I must start this review by saying that I'm really not a fish lover at all, I want to vary my diet by adding fish, but I wanted a recipe full of other flavours so the fishy taste wasn't overpowering. This dish succeeded in so many ways. I followed the recipe to the letter even though I was sceptical of adding nectarines. It was superb and all done in less than 30 minutes. A household favourite from the first try.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow diced)
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large nectarines, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro, parsley or 2 tablespoons mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub cod with oil.
- Place cod in a oven proof dish in one layer.
- Mix the spices and dust the cod.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Or until until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Meanwhile prepare nectarine.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat saute onions, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the nectarines and saute them until they their juices reduce and begin to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over them and saute until the juices further thicken and the sugar caramelizes slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and saute until the juices thicken. Toss in fresh herbs of choice.
- Plate fish and top with caramelized nectarines.