1/2 Photos of Caramelized Nectarines over Baked Cod
Spiced baked cod topped with a hot sweet nectarine salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow diced)
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large nectarines, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro, parsley or 2 tablespoons mint
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Rub cod with oil.
- 3Place cod in a oven proof dish in one layer.
- 4Mix the spices and dust the cod.
- 5Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 6Or until until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- 7Meanwhile prepare nectarine.
- 8Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat saute onions, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
- 9Add the nectarines and saute them until they their juices reduce and begin to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over them and saute until the juices further thicken and the sugar caramelizes slightly, about 1 minute.
- 10Add the balsamic vinegar and saute until the juices thicken. Toss in fresh herbs of choice.
- 11Plate fish and top with caramelized nectarines.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Nectarines over Baked Cod
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 35.5 g