The trick to caramelizing mushrooms is to cook them at a very high heat. These mix beautifully with caramelized onions but need to be cooked seperately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat butter and oil in a heavy stainless steel or cast iron pot or skillet.
- 22. add mushrooms and stir every minute to allow mushrooms to brown and begin to caramelize. (Approx 3 to 4 mins).
- 33. Sprinkle with brown sugar and stir. Continue to cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- 44. When they are nice and brown add vinegar.
- 55 Cook for another minute or two to allow the vinegar to evaporate.
- 66. Season with cracked black pepper and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g