Caramelized mushroom and onion dip
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until evenly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or using knife, finely chop mushrooms.
- Add to pan along with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high; sauté until no liquid remains, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape into bowl; let cool.
- Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise and half of the chives; transfer to serving bowl.
- (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.) Sprinkle with remaining chives.