Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is a great way to showcase leeks, one of my favorite veggies.
Top Review by haskinsfam
We made this with whole wheat noodles and the adults in the house loved it! My 7 year old also though it was good and cleared his plate, but requested that next time it has some cheese on it.
- 2 medium leeks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 5 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the leeks lengthways and wash each layer thoroughly.
- Slice across into thin strips, including the green part as well.
- Heat the oil and butter together over a gentle heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the leeks and toss well.
- Cook slowly, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the leeks start to soften.
- Sprinkle the sugar over all and, after a couple more minutes, mix well.
- Continue to cook for 15 to 30 minutes, until the leeks have begun to collapse into a sticky mass.
- Add small amounts of hot water if required to stop sticking.
- While the leeks are cooking, cook and drain the noodles.
- When the leeks are done, add the parsley, olive oil, cooked noodles and seasoning to taste.
- Toss well and serve.