Recipe by Kristin DeRamus
This ice-cream cake is part of my husband's birthday celebration every year. He loves heath bars and coffee ice cream and once trying it, said it was the best cake he's ever had. His older brother tried it when he came to visit us and had two servings! This recipe is very easy to customize to your liking. You can use any type of candy or flavor ice cream to get the desired effect. I.e. use peanut butter cups instead of heath bars, use chocolate ice cream instead of coffee ice cream, and use chocolate sauce instead of caramel sauce. I prepared this ahead of time and did the final step the next morning.
Top Review by flygirlreese
I've made this for several birthdays and it's always a hit. I've tried other cakes that just came out messy but this one actually looks like an ice cream cake should and the taste is great!
- 16 ounces poundcake
- 1⁄2 gallon coffee ice cream
- 8 ounces caramel sauce
- 6 ounces Heath candy bars
- graham cracker (I used 1/3 of the box)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cool Whip (I used the low-fat one and kept it in the fridge)
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, heat butter in pan mix in crushed graham crackers.
- Pour mixture in 9" pan and press down firmly.
- Slice pound cake into chunks and start the cake with one thin layer of pound cake chunks on top of crust.
- For ice cream layer, mix crushed heath bars into ice cream (reserve some for garnish) and then stir in caramel sauce.
- Spoon 1/3rd of ice cream mixture on top of pound cake layer.
- Repeat layering of ice cream mixture and pound cake until ingredients are gone.
- Put pan in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, take cake out of pan and frost with a coat of cool whip. Sprinkle the remaining heath bars on top.