1/2 Photos of Caramelized Grilled Pork
I've been looking for recipes to use up some Asian condiments and came across this one which I plan on making soon. I think this pork will be great as part as an Asian meal with rice ans stir fry vegetables or with rice noodle salad. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chops between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper with a meat pounder (flat side) or rolling pin until meat is 1/8 inch thick.
- 2Make several small slits around edge of each chop.
- 3Half each chop lengthwise and transfer to bowl.
- 4In a saucepan cook sugar over medium heat until it begins to melt, continue cooking stirring until sugar is melted into a golden caramel.
- 5Add shallots, lime juice, fish sauce and salt and cook 2 minutes longer or until caramel is dissolved and shallots are softened.
- 6Pour sauce over pork, toss.
- 7Heat a grill pan over heat until hot, but not smoking.
- 8Grill pork in batches, turning once until cooked through (1-3 minutes per side).
- 9Discard any remaining caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Grilled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 185.9 mg
- Sodium 778.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 60.2 g