Prep 10 mins
Cook 44 mins
This is from the Weight Watchers Slim Ways Grilling cookbook. It sounds really simple and good. Here's what the cookbook says about it - "This naturally sweet condiment is perfect with grilled fish or chicken--or try it on burgers made with beef, chicken, turkey or fish."
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, slivered pared
- Place medium skillet over medium heat 30 seconds; heat oil 30 seconds more.
- Add onions and 1/4 cup water; cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to color, about 12 minutes.
- Add ginger, salt and 1/4 cup water.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are sweet and deep brown, about 30 minutes.
- Just before using, stir in vinegar.
- SERVING (3 TABLESPOONS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetables.
- PER SERVING: 82 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 140 mg Sodium, 14 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 33 mg Calcium; 1 points.
Yummy dish to serve along side of any meat of your choosing. This has a nice slight tang to it. We loved the ginger root. I served it along side recipe #62860 my favorite steak recipe. Made for "Cook-a-thon-for lazyme" in honor of her DH Don. I love you girl :)