1/1 Photo of Caramelized Ginger Onions (Ww)
This is from the Weight Watchers Slim Ways Grilling cookbook. It sounds really simple and good. Here's what the cookbook says about it - "This naturally sweet condiment is perfect with grilled fish or chicken--or try it on burgers made with beef, chicken, turkey or fish."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place medium skillet over medium heat 30 seconds; heat oil 30 seconds more.
- 2Add onions and 1/4 cup water; cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to color, about 12 minutes.
- 3Add ginger, salt and 1/4 cup water.
- 4Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are sweet and deep brown, about 30 minutes.
- 5Just before using, stir in vinegar.
- 6SERVING (3 TABLESPOONS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetables.
- 7PER SERVING: 82 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 140 mg Sodium, 14 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 33 mg Calcium; 1 points.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Ginger Onions (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g