Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line shallow roasting pan with foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken breast halves in sprayed foil-lined pan; spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
I recommend doubling the recipe so you have more sauce.
This recipe was wonderful! I doubled the amount of sauce, added 2 tbsp apricot preserves and simmered in the crock pot for 2 hours. My friends all loved it and I'll be making it many many times over. Sweet and yummy!!!
Simple easy, quick & delicious what more can you ask from a recipe. I agree with the comments that a bit more sauce would be nice and as I did not want to add more sugar I added 4 tbsp vodka to the sugar mixture and baked them at a lower temperature (to co-ordinate the timing with the other dishes I was baking) then finished them under the broiler, beautiful carmelized color. I also added more garlic (personal preference). I served the chicken with baked potatoes stuffed with sundried tomatoes and Feta cheese, new carrots and baked baby onions and a small green salad - wonderful Sunday dinner - Thanks Dancer for another great recipe