Recipe by jonesies
Note: you can use one teaspoon of jarred chopped garlic in place of the cloves if you do not have fresh garlic on hand.
Top Review by Juenessa
I enjoyed this chicken for dinner tonight with a side salad. Next time I make this, I am going to double the garlic, butter, brown sugar and water because the sauce is wonderful and I want more of it! I loved the addition of the tomato and swiss cheese on top. I thought I had fresh basil in the refrigerator, but it was mint so I just lightly sprinkled some Italian blend spice on top of the cheese. Thanks so much for a nice meal tonight, jonesies.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook garlic in butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until garlic begins to turn golden brown.
- Stir in brown sugar until melted.
- Sprinkle salt over chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Add water.
- Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is glazed and no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut and liquid has evaporated.
- Chicken will be golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent scorching.
- Top each chicken piece with tomato slice, cheese and basil.
- Cover and heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.