Recipe by Rita~
Caramelized garlic is very easy to make. Use this flavorful condiment with roasted meats or poultry or top a salad, diced can be topped on bread. If you like you can use the remaining sugar in a pot of beans or add some roasted nuts to it toss and top a salad.
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peeled garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch garlic cloves in boiling salted water about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Remove cloves from water and drain on paper towels.
- Place the sugar and butter in a small heavy skillet and add 2 tablespoons of wine. Place the pan over medium heat. Cook until the mixture turns a golden color tipping the pan and swirling the mixture to insure even cooking. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time, swirling the pan to incorporate the liquid. Add the garlic and cook until well coated and the garlic is soft but still retains its shape about 5 minutes.