Recipe by Colby's Mom
A beautiful arrangement of sliced oranges and pineapple is topped with a drizzle of carmelized sugar-a perfect fat-free ending to a heavy meal!
Directions See How It's Made
- From oranges, remove 3 strips peel, 3" by 3/4" each.
- Cut strips lengthwise into very thin slivers.
- Cut remaining peel and white pitch from oranges.
- Slice oranges into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Arrange orange and pineapple slices, overlapping slightly, on deep platter.
- Sprinkle with orange peel; set aside.
- In 10" skillet, cook sugar over medium heat about 10 minutes; swirling sugar in skillet when sugar begins to melt.
- Continue cooking and swirling until sugar melts completely and becomes deep amber in color.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Drizzle carmelized sugar over fruit.
- Serve immediately for a crunchy candylike topping, or cover and refrigerate until carmel melts, about 2 hours, or until ready to serve.