Delish! From my local paper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter (separated)
- 3 large ripe bartlett pears, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (separated)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices challah (or other sweet egg bread sliced thick like challah)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Melt 2 tbls of the butter in a skillet.
- 2Add pears, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of the vanilla.
- 3Simmer until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and transfer the pears onto a plate.
- 5Let them stand a couple minutes to drain, then pour into juices back into the skillet.
- 6Using medium-high heat, cook the juices another 4-5 minutes (don't stop stirring!) until they are thick and caramelized.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Beat eggs, half-and-half, sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow pan.
- 9Add the bread slices and let them soak for 2 minutes.
- 10Then turn the slices over and let them soak another 2 minutes.
- 11Melt 2 tbls butter in large skillet.
- 12Sprinkle 1/2 tbls of brown sugar on each side of the bread.
- 13Cook over medium high heat about 2-3 minutes per side until crisp.
- 14Place the bread on plates and top with a couple pears, the carmel sauce and some vanilla ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized French Toast with Vanilla Pears - OH MY!
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 46.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g