Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I got from one of friend's baby showers. It was wonderful!
Make and share this Caramelized French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk or 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Combine 1st three ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour syrup evenly into lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Arrange bread slices over syrup.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla & salt. Stir well.
- Gradually pour mixture over bread slices.
- Cover & chill at least 8 hours.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon.
- Stir well & sprinkle evenly over soaked bread.
- Drizzle ¼ cup melted butter over bread.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.