1/4 Photos of Caramelized Cranberry Chicken
This recipe was a Southern Living grand prize winner in 1998 by Janice Elder of Charlotte, North Carolina.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 29.58 ml green onions, minced
- 1Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip lock bag and add the chicken. Seal and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2Cook brown sugar and sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade, but save it for making the sauce.
- 4Add chicken to the sesame oil and brown sugar mixure in the skillet, cooking 3 minutes on each side.
- 5Add marinade to the skillet, onion and cranberries. Cook, stirring and turning the chicken often for about 10 more minutes.
- 6Remove the chicken and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- 7Slice and serve with the cranberry mixture, sprinkling with sesame seeds and green onions.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Cranberry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 84.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 28.6 g