Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was a Southern Living grand prize winner in 1998 by Janice Elder of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 44.37 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 29.58 ml green onions, minced
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip lock bag and add the chicken. Seal and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cook brown sugar and sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, but save it for making the sauce.
- Add chicken to the sesame oil and brown sugar mixure in the skillet, cooking 3 minutes on each side.
- Add marinade to the skillet, onion and cranberries. Cook, stirring and turning the chicken often for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the cranberry mixture, sprinkling with sesame seeds and green onions.
Wonderful simple dinner. Used marsala wine instead of sherry. Served with rice pilaf and beets. Thanks Geema!
I really enjoyed this. It had a little bit of an asian flavor, maybe from the sesame oil. I did not have Sherry so I used white wine. Next time I make this I will increase the marinade so that I can have a little left over "juice" to spoon over my rice.OOps... I spooned the cranberries over the top and I think I was supposed to serve them on the side. Oh well... it still was delicious!