Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy tasty side dish. You can also use 1 10-ounce bag frozen corn, thawed and drained. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 3 medium ears)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; stir until beginning to dry and brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl.
- Add oil to skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Sauté until peppers are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and chili powder, then corn. Stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Delicious, I increased all ingredients and used 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, also I used my The Best Creole Seasoning! in place of the chili powder, we like things really spicy so I aded in some dried chili flakes also. thanks lazyme!...Kitten:)
Yummy. The corn is much like the roasted corn one buys at local streetfairs during the summer. I added an extra cup to my side dish. It was a little tricky figure out the right flame for this as you want it high enough to generate some color and caramelization but not so high you get a charred mess. I adjusted the heat several times but though it was worth the effort. I really liked the additions to the corn but next time would half the amount of red pepper to really let the corn stand out. Maybe a squeeze of lime and I'll be in heaven. Thanks.