Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
Make and share this Caramelized Cola Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) bottom round beef roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup diet cola
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the roast in the pan, season with the salt pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the roast, cover with aluminum foil and roast for 2 1/2 10 3 hours, or until tender.
- Slice and serve topped with the sauce from the pan.
Very tender but unfortunately smelled better than it tasted. I'm thinking maybe inserting garlic cloves into the meat might help. I will try that next time.