Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Doesn't that sound divine? Found this incredible looking recipe in Bon Appetit (April 2006).
Make and share this Caramelized Chocolate, Banana and Marshmallow Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in small bowl to blend.
- Spread over 1 side of all four bread slices.
- Place 2 slices, buttered side down, on plate.
- Skewer 4 marshmallows each on two metal skewers.
- Hold skewers over open flame and toast until marshmallows are blackened in spots, about 10 seconds.
- Divide marshmallows between bread slices on plate, leaving 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over marshmallows, dividing equally.
- Top with banana slices.
- Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up, pressing slightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sandwiches; cook until brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer sandwiches to work surface.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Cut diagonally in half and serve.
I found this on epicurious a couple of years back and made it for my son and I for dessert one night. It was fabulous!
Made for March, 2008 Aussie/New Zealand Swap. What a yummy combination. You can't beat chocolate, marshmallows and bananas blended together in all its ooey, gooey goodness. I thought I had large marshmallows, but they were stale, so I used marshmallow fluff instead. It worked great. I really liked the crispness of the butter/brown sugar coating on the outside of the sandwich. Thanks for sharing, Mom2Rose.
This was a perfect little Valentine's day dessert/snack!! It was like a sophisticated S'more!!