1/1 Photo of Caramelized Chipotle Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
From Gourmet, September 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo (from a 7-ounce can)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2 whole chickens, each cut into 8 pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds each)
- 1Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until golden, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 15 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and remaining ingredients, except chicken, to skillet with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 25 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- 4Coat chicken with half of sauce, then roast, skin side up, in a 17-by 11-inch heavy 4-sided sheet pan 25 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with remaining sauce, then continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and well browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Chipotle Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.9
- Calories from Fat 719
- Total Fat 79.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 325.0 mg
- Sodium 836.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 77.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo