Recipe by tiftonrose
This recipe won a $25,000 prize (not by me), and it's the best chicken I've ever tasted. It's also very easy to make. I didn't have sherry on hand so I used white grapejuice once and papaya nectar once. Both times it was mounth-watering! It's almost a dessert.
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and chill at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook brown sugar and sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add chicken, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add reserved marinade, onion, and cranberries; cook, stirring and turning chicken often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice and serve with cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.