Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Do you want to see your family and guests licking their fingers? Serve this!
- 2 (3 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces each
- garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- blanched toasted almonds
- Preheat over to broil with the rack 8-10 inches from the heat.
- Place the chicken pieces, skin side up, in a broiling pan.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and garlic powder.
- Broil 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to an ovenproof serving dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté for 15 minutes, or until translucent.
- Reduce heat to low, add brown sugar and soy sauce, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour or until the chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
This was delicious! I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken and this one is a keeper. The recipe was very easy to follow. Thanks Mirj!
Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast pieces and had perfect results! I also used real garlic instead of garlic powder too. We all really enjoyed this and I will be making this again soon-Thanks!
This is so delicious, Mirj. Thank you. Will be serving this for company!